Zimin Institute for Smart and Sustainable Cities at ASU
The Zimin Institute for Smart & Sustainable Cities is driving a people-centric vision of future cities. We are creating a world where the rich functionality and power of advanced technologies are seamlessly integrated with the physical spaces where people live, work, learn and play to make them safer and more secure, healthier, more sustainable and resilient, and more personally enriching.
The Institute will realize the Vision by initiating, catalyzing, connecting, supporting, leveraging and growing the regional smart cities ecosystem. Specifically, we will:
- Identify and target promising transformative technology solutions in the people-centric Smart Cities application space
- Connect researchers across disparate disciplines and application spaces to catalyze new synergistic collaborations
- Fund critical-stage cutting edge research to break barriers and advance nascent technology solutions
- Leverage ASU / local testbeds and innovative regional Smart Cities initiatives, collaboratives and funding streams
- Grow the Smart Cities entrepreneurial ecosystem: venture funding, startups, new revolutionary products
The Institute’s Priority Themes are:
- Daily Life & Human Connection / Interaction / Engagement
- Sustainable and Healthy Environments & Spaces
- Inherent Security, Safety & Public Well-being
- Infrastructure Surety, Resilience, and Integrated Functionality
Request for proposals
We are seeking proposals for research and development aimed at rapidly advancing innovative solutions toward practical realization and societal impact in the four priority areas aligned with our vision and mission.
Deadline is Feb. 12, 2021 by 5 p.m.
There is a Proposer’s Meeting on Jan. 13, 2021 from 12-1:30 p.m.